THE South Beds Dial-A-Ride SERVICE
This is our prime service and the reason we exist. It is a door to door service with assistance where appropriate for those who find it difficult to use public transport. The other services we offer are aimed at providing support to the dial-a-ride service.
- ALL passengers MUST be members of South Beds Dial-a-Ride to use our service. This is a requirement of the permits from the Department of Transport under which we operate.
- Central Beds members must possess a valid National Concessionary Bus Pass. We can help you apply for this.
- Central Bedfordshire based members receive a fare subsidy from Central Bedfordshire Council. The level of subsidy varies throughout the county. Please see relevant “Membership Costs & Benefits Summary” for your local area.
- Luton based members pay a single fare of £4, £5 or £6 (maximum) depending on distance. We receive no subsidy from Luton BC for Luton’s members.
- Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire based members, fares on application. Please ask.
- Members call by telephone to make a request for a ride. Please see relevant “Membership Costs & Benefits Summary” for your local area for how to get the most out of your membership.
- An essential companion may travel with the member free of charge. Others at cost.